January is the number one month for companies to recruit, and if your employees have itchy feet you need to be looking at how you can stop them from looking, aside from blocking all recruitment sites and chaining your employees to their desks!
Why the new year?
A lot of companies get their budgets renewed and release new vacancies, which may tempt employees to have a look at what is available in the job market, especially if they feel undervalued in their current role.
Employees who don’t feel valued are usually the first to have a look, and even if they are not serious about leaving they are likely to look.
People leave jobs for all sorts of reasons but the ones you can look at as an employer are the ones that will help you retain staff not lose them.
- Recognise your staff when they do a good job and give them some praise, it goes a lot way
- Give regular appraisals, it will mean that you will always know how your team are feeling, and if there are issues you can address them sooner rather than later
- Communicate business news with your team, it may surprise you but they want to know how the company is doing as a whole, especially if they are contributing to the success
- Conduct anonymous surveys on employee well-being
- Give your team tangible benefits and reward them throughout the year
- Create goals to help your team grow
- Think about ways to reward your team for outstanding performance, it doesn’t have to be expensive , by having a reward structure in place you ensure your team feel valued.
- Make sure you are nice to them! Kindness and manners cost nothing, appreciation cannot be bought, and just being nice to your employees will make them want to work for you.
Losing a staff member could cost you up to 5k , not to mention the time it will take you recruit, train and onboard someone new, but if you do have to make sure you have an onboarding process , “there’s your computer get on with it” just doesn’t cut it!
January is when people come back to work all bummed out, feeling poor and mental health can also be an issue.
One of the biggest reason’s employees feel rubbish in January is financial hardship, they have spent too much at Christmas and the sales. Its been ages since they got paid, They have to make their pay last longer than usual.
We offer a solution that helps with the above issues, My VIP Rewards by My VIP Card help your employees to save money, sometimes hundreds of pounds a month on things they would do anyway, like supermarket shopping, days out with the kids, gifts, wellbeing , massage, beauty and more. We also help you to save money as a business with our business and corporate discounts.
Give your employees a My VIP Card in January and give them a money saving challenge! Make it fun, make it a competition! Engage them in an awesome employee benefit that they will use.
And give your employees a better work life balance at an affordable cost
And as an employer we can give you discount on recruitment, recruitment advertising , training, team building and things that will increase employee engagement during the year, even Christmas parties for the team!
We offer discounted gift vouchers which you can buy for your team as extra incentives throughout the year for places like M&S and John Lewis
If you are looking for onboarding advice we can also help with that! We have specialist onboarding and training consultants who can asses your onboarding strategy as well as provide benefits that will help you to retain your perfect team.
So pick up the phone and speak to us today, we can help you make sure your team don’t get itchy feet!
With over 4500 discounts your team will love and ways we can reduce your staff turnover and increase your profits what have you got to lose!