As a small business owner, promoting your business online may seem overwhelming at the best of times but right now in the midst of the Corona virus pandemic, is it worth the time and potential cost?
You may be put off by:
- A lack of budget as you need to manage outgoings very closely
- Limited time with the increased commitments of working from home
- Little or no marketing experience
- No knowledge of what marketing activity to choose
- General overwhelm as you battle to find a new normal for your business
All of these elements can leave you less confident about promoting your business; and a worry that investing time and money on it right now will not bring anything back while the world is challenged by Covid-19 and the uncertainty of how long social distancing and other restrictions will remain in place.
This is actually THE very best time to be marketing your products or services.
Promoting your business
Because being visible or getting visible online is critical right now. If you wait until life returns to ‘normal’ then you will miss out! Promoting your business is essential.
Embracing this opportunity will ensure you can continue to add value for your existing clients and customers and build ‘know, like and trust’ with future ones too, as well as raise awareness of your products or services and grow your online networks too.
You will be in a good position when we come out the other side!
It doesn’t have to cost money; it just requires some clear steps and commitment to time each day with a bit preparing first.
The one key action before you start any marketing is to define who your ideal customer is so you invest in getting visible to the right audience!
Here’s 10 steps to get you and your business visible for FREE!
- Know who your ideal customer is (It is NOT everyone!)
- Make sure your website and/or social media content is engaging for them
- Focus on just 1 or 2 social media – don’t spread yourself too thin
- Learn how to use those 1 or 2 to get the best coverage and engagement
- Add value – advice, ideas, education – do not focus just on selling at this time
- Be visible daily – posts, comments – don’t just ‘Like’ its lazy!
- Grow your followers, friends, connections
- Be active in groups – find and join ones that suit your business
- Think about visual content – not just text
- Once you’re up and running – this is just an hour a day
If you need some help with defining your ideal customer then take advantage of the latest VIP Card offer from FG Marketing:
30 Minute 1-2-1 ‘Get Visible’ marketing review
plus ‘Your Ideal Client’ workbook
for just £30!
To book please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
watch this video! How to increase visibility during covid-19
My VIP Card can also help to increase you visibility, we can advertise your business even if you are closed! from as little as £1 a month!
Get a fully opimised web profile, a location pin on our app , and thousands of eyes on your business!
You just need to offer a discount if you are open, and if you are not open, just specify the discount you want to offer for the future!
or you can buy a card which gives you access to all of our discounts , plus the added bonus of business discounts and free advertising for just £25 for two years!