Its really tough times for small businesses at the moment, My VIP Card are doing what we can to support small businesses, we always promote shopping locally but, in this instance, we mean it more than ever!
As you have seen the big supermarkets are all out of essentials like toilet roll, nappies and wipes but have you checked out your local independent convenience stores? Some of them like Nisa Local have been promoting on social media that they still have things in stock, often with great deals!
How can you help to support small businesses?
- Visit farm shops and markets, open air means less chance of being in confined spaces with infected people, often less plastic packaging and supporting small!
- Order ahead when you are buying from your local coffee shop, cafe or restaurant and get your food and drink to take away! Less queuing and not eating around other people, but still supporting local.
- Lots of take away services are now doing contactless delivery! Which means you can still support local restaurants without having human contact
- Buy gift vouchers to use later on- even if you don’t use the voucher now you save it until a later date it helps local businesses to keep on top of their cash flow
- Check out deals, a lot of local businesses are dropping prices and offering special deals, even better ones with My VIP Card
- Shop online! One of our business partners Docks Coffee have started selling their produce online for Mother’s Day! What a genius idea!
- If you are interested in someone’s services don’t cancel meets, request a Zoom or a Skype instead, I am sure they will be really accommodating
- When you buy something from a small or local business, shout about it for them on social media! Nothing helps more than a share and a pic
- Leave recommendations for the businesses you are using
- Use your My VIP Card to get cashback when you shop online at over 90% of UK’s high street retailers
What are you doing to help support small businesses? We still want to help our business partners and local companies to get your custom, and we still want you to save money! So My VIP Card are offering 40% off digital subscriptions using code “VIPACTIVE”
Advertise with My VIP Card
And if you are a small business who needs a helping hand to rebuild after all of this we are doing what we can to help, we offer advertising for as little as £25 a year! Sign up at myvipcard.co.uk to get a fully optimised web profile that helps your SEO , a location pin on our app and the chance to promote in our groups to thousands of our card holders